Mice in The Home
When the temperature outside begins to drop in the fall, infestations of rodents and mice tend to begin. If you hear noises in the walls or spot rodent droppings on the floor, this could mean that you a mouse infestation. Due to how small mice are, they can easily get into homes by entering through cracks, holes, floors, and foundations. Check out some helpful tips to make sure mice don’t ruin your home for the holidays.
- To prevent mice from coming into your home all cracks, openings and holes should be sealed properly.
- If you spot mice in your home, one of the first steps you can do is setting up mousetraps. Using a mousetrap is a safe and efficient way because they will kill them instead of poisoning it.
- Go through the house and remove clutter areas like piles of clothing or old cardboard boxes that could make it easy for mice to build a nest.
- Your house should always be clean and tidy, make sure you are washing the floors and vacuuming the carpets to avoid food from collecting and attracting mice.
The most efficient method of removing mice from homes is by contact a trained pest control professional. If you notice mice lurking around your home, contact Absolut Pest Control today at 978.388.4589 or fill out our contact form online.
As the temperature, outside slowly starts to drop, you should be prepared for the upcoming winter by making sure that your home is pest-free. Here are a few of the pests you might see lurking around your home this fall.
- Rodents: Common home intruders that you might see around this fall are mice and rats. Mice and rats can spread diseases and chew through your home wiring causing serious damage. It’s important to make sure you keep all the doors shut and look for any small openings where rodents can sneak in.
- Bedbugs: Bed bugs are typically found in mattresses, suitcases, boxes and shoes around the home. These are tiny bugs that are difficult to spot, so you may have to find them by using a flashlight and looking for them along the seams of furniture and mattresses.
- Stinkbugs: As the weather outside gets colder, it’s common to find Stink Bugs congregating on the warmer sides of homes. While stink bugs don’t spread diseases, these pests can damage clothing and furniture with their droppings and odor. Properly named, when these bugs are squashed or disturbed they release a disturbing odor.
- Spiders: Even though they are not necessarily dangerous, spiders can be a nuisance around your household. Spider usually make their way into homes through either the garage and attic, as well as the windows and doorways.
If you notice any of these pests around your home, contact Absolut Pest Control today at 978-388-4589 or fill out our contact form for more information!
As the temperatures begin to drop, the cold weather begins to force unwanted rodents indoors. The problems that many people in the Northeast tend to run into are the smaller, cuter mice that can sneak through the tiniest of cracks and intrude your home. The last thing you want is a tiny scurrying mouse running across your dining room floor as your family sits down for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner.
One reason mice pare a tough pest control problem is because of their small size. All they need is a quarter-inch gap to gain entry into your home and require only miniscule amounts of food and water to survive. As a result, mouse infestations are much more common and difficult to control than rat infestations. Mice infestations are also every bit as hazardous to health and property. Mice eat and contaminate human and pet foods, preferring grains but apparently willing to nibble on almost anything, including your valuables or memory-filled photo albums.
Mark sure that your house is secure before the temperatures begin to plummet and force the mine inside. Call Absolut Pest Control today to come take a look at your home or business and find the areas in your house that are vulnerable.